• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro Beta: Damn good, one issue though (UPDATED!)

H

hatchebl

LauncherPro does a lot of great things, but there are a couple that it missed the boat on.

Dislikes:
-Limited customizability with app shortcuts in Dock (should be drag and drop!)
-No ability to use skins, themes, etc
-App drawer is a little awkward at times
-3D drawer only works in Portrait (still pretty cool though)
-Similar to Helix launcher (which I DO like)

-Ability to customize far more than most Launchers/Homes
--App drawer speed, size, and appearance customizations (including 3D, nexus one 2.1 style!)
--Home screen scroll speed
--Dock APPEARANCE
-Very smooth
-Better than default
-Up to seven home screens (fairly standard now in launcher apps)
-Hide Notification bar

Sum it up!
So this app really kicks some butt, especially considering that it's only beta. I hope to see only one thing fixed (the dock drag and drop) when it comes out in full force! Would I use this app? Well I currently do!

bLbH

UPDATE:
So, after further review I've realized that my comment about the dock was short-sided. Turns out you CAN put whatever you want on the dock, it's just kind of roundabout.

Another issue I've discovered: Long-pressing on the applications no longer lets you move apps from the drawer to the home screen. To do this, you must go through the same roundabout process from above.

This in mind, this is an outstanding out!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones