• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro Beta: Pretty much a better Ecliar

O

Omaroid

The Goods
Well i've had Luancher Pro Beta since before the update so lets start by saying this give the stock Android users a chance to have the HTC Sense UI Leap Feature. It brings the Htc Sense UI users the nexus one helix luancher and "fly in" effect which runs pretty smoothly sometimes. Now available is the option to change the icons next to the luancher to any custom app or shortcut you would like which adds to the already super custom-ability of Android. You can also choose from having up to 7 homescreens and choose which one of those seven will be what i like to call "your true home'(the home your phone goes to when you press the home button).

The Bads
Well not alot to put in this section but im a tough critic so let just say depending on what phone you have the helix luancher can be very, (cough) laggy. By the phone you have i mean say me with my Sprint Hero i have half the processing speeds of the Nexus one or Evo take your pick. Also the leap feature is more of a knock off then the real leap on HTC Sense UI. Anyways thats all i've found wrong with this app

Overall
Lets just say the pro's overweigh the cons on this one by a long shot if you're a little tired of running Sense UI or whatever version of Android your running then please give this a download it'll only cost you uhmm nothing. So i'll give this app a 8/10 on the Omaroid Scale

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones