• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Why the Launcher Pro hate? I love Launcher Pro and was coming here to recommend it and ask a question. I've used it on three different phones now and there are no surprises.

The only issue with it on the S3 (brand new to me, just the other day) is that auto-rotation messes up the homescreen display. Anyone else experience this?

I have launcher pro installed (bought it for my S1), and while it hasn't been updated in quite some time it works without a hitch for me on the S3. Since the phone is brand new, I thought I would try all the other popular launchers (Apex, Nova, Go) and have found myself consistently going back to Go (home Switcher is an awesome app!). I m just not sure of some of the other apps/addons that install with Go, but I'm finding some, such as Go Chat are useful.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't write Apex off so quickly.

I've been running it for a month and it never crashes on me. I'm running the latest beta, which is built using jelly bean code, so it has the project butter features which make it incredibly smooth :D

Nova may have that too, I'm not sure.

Apex here too.

Use Apex here also. Used to use Go and tried Nova but Apex is rock solid.

For what it is worth, I have had very good luck with the free version of Apex Launcher.

No slow downs or crashes. Does everything I need (particularly resizing of widgets and increased widgets/page).

Upvote 0
I wouldn't write Apex off so quickly.

I've been running it for a month and it never crashes on me. I'm running the latest beta, which is built using jelly bean code, so it has the project butter features which make it incredibly smooth :D

Nova may have that too, I'm not sure.

I ran go launcher on my phone. i like it but is your s3 running the launcher kind of choppy like his? i tried apex there wasnt such lag. but then when i went back to touchwiz the same lag came back.. i got the Bell version of the S 3.. shouldnt be any different than the Sprint/Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile versions....or am i wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LeFLeKTzqU

Upvote 0
I use Home Manager for switching/setting default launchers because it was the only one I could find that showed which launchers were currently running. Two running launchers could cause hitching; reboot with TW to see if its back to being smooth.

has anybody tried ADW PRo? I saw it ans i like the whole 3d themes..can anybody tell me if it hogs memory or battery.

Upvote 0
I hate using our TouchWiz launcher (and apparently that Samsung guy who wrote that e-mail brought up in the Apple lawsuit didn't care for it either...heh).

I'm trying Nova launcher now (Apex crashed within 5 minutes, so that's out) and I like it. Before I buy it, I want to know one thing:

What, if anything, do I lose if I don't run TouchWiz launcher?

- I know I lose most of the TouchWiz widgets; I can live with that (I only liked the tasks one that worked with Exchange but have found a suitable substitute)

im using apex now and no crashes

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones