• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Leaving VZW for Sprint - great CS

jerry42570

Jun 29, 2010
So the wife and I have been testing out Sprint's network for almost a month in between the Philly and Lehigh Valley areas where we live and work. Obviously missing the 4G (for now) and have definitely noticed that signals are not as consistent as Verizon's. I must say that the initial dealings I've had with customer service have been fantastic.

Don't get me wrong. As a former employee and VZW customer since analog I've always considered their customer service to be more than adequate....excellent at times even. But recently I've had a few issues that were their fault yet they refused to fix.

Sprint's network is not great where I live. In fact, we roam in my house. They just approved a sixth line for me so we can add an airave to use at home. It is being shipped and I couldn't be happier. Our service is fine generally anywhere except at home and this solves that problem in a major way.

Loving what I'm seeing so far. And as LTE seems to be just around the corner for our market, I believe I just made the right choice.

I've been very impressed with Sprint CS since I've been a customer. Yeah the Network Vision rollout is slow but in time I'm confident Sprint will be a very worthwhile choice for a lot of customers.

Same thing happens to me, 4G in one room and 3G in the rest of the house. But I'm on WIFI most of time at home so it's not a big deal. Once the rollout complete it shouldn't be an issue hopefully.

Upvote 0
That’s a pretty curious footer for guide to use, "When I wake up in the morning, I piss excellence." Does that mean you have so much, you can lose some and still be excellent, albeit somewhat less? Or does it mean, like the true purpose of piss, that you have no further use for excellence?

Upvote 0
Recently switched from Verizon to Sprint and I don't regret it. Better customer service, better deals, unlimited data (no 4G yet but I can live without it for now)
You said Verizon refused to fix issues. Same thing happened to me. They're notorious for nickel and diming even their most loyal customers.

Reactions: kct1975
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones