• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LED as Torch App Here

I have tried all three led light apps mentioned here and none work on my incredible. This sucks:thinking:

I'm sorry to hear that. a search for led light brings up several others that you can try. But I suspect that you will have to wait for someone to write an Incredible version. Don't forget that the Desire has been out a bit longer than the Incredible.

For Desire users, I just found a new led app that's even coolererer. It's called:

LED Desire Light by nostovic

4 brightness settings
auto screen dim
morse code
sos auto repeat.

Upvote 0
I'm using LED light, I like it a lot especially as it has widget. I'm reading a lot of debate as to whether these apps damage your phone as the LED is apparently not designed to be on for "prolonged" periods. Firstly, how long is "prolonged", secondly I thought that Froyo was going to enable the LED as a video light for recording at night, so surely it's not going to spontaneously combust if used as a torch? :thinking:

Upvote 0
How long "prolonged" is will depend on how bright it is set to. Some LED apps have it on full brightness (the same, I presume, as the camera flash is) but others tone it down a bit. I'm using LED Desire Light which has 4 brightness settings so if I want to use it for more than a couple of minutes, I'd turn it down to a low setting.

Having said that, I'd only use it at all if I was caught needing a torch unprepared. If I have any chance to plan, I'd bring a proper torch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones