1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General LED control

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wrchad23, Mar 15, 2016.

1. wrchad23

wrchad23 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    Denver, CO
    I have Lite Flow premium but it doesn't seem to work well. Is there a reliable LED configurer? I like to program it to flash faster and to use different colors for each app.

Advertisement

2. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 3, 2009
    No, unfortunately not yet. Light Manager works, however, a side effect of 6.0 Android is that the notifications (Gmail, etc) in the notification bar at the top of the screen will not auto clear after reading an email, and must be manually cleared. The developer says that he is working on a fix. I've disabled Light Manager for the time being.

3. recDNA

recDNA Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    It's nice to hear he thinks there may be a work around. I was under the impression it was hopeless.

4. tarponbeach

None

Nov 3, 2009
    We'll see. I find it pretty amazing that manufacturers like Samsung build these phones with multi-colored LEDS, but don't bake in the ability to change color based on type of notification. It's such a useful feature, especially in light of the "Always On" screen only being programmed to display native Samsung apps, which no one that I've ever talked to uses.

bIOforger likes this.
  5. tarponbeach

None

Nov 3, 2009
    Update: At the suggestion of a developer on another forum, I began using Google Inbox in lieu of the Gmail app. Inbox has a switch to turn off led notifications, which the Gmail app does not. Using Inbox, Light Manager works perfectly on the S7., with regard to auto dismissing status bar notifications after reading mail.

KOLIO likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.