1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LED control

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wrchad23, Mar 15, 2016.

1. wrchad23

wrchad23 Well-Known Member

I have Lite Flow premium but it doesn't seem to work well. Is there a reliable LED configurer? I like to program it to flash faster and to use different colors for each app.

2. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Android Enthusiast

No, unfortunately not yet. Light Manager works, however, a side effect of 6.0 Android is that the notifications (Gmail, etc) in the notification bar at the top of the screen will not auto clear after reading an email, and must be manually cleared. The developer says that he is working on a fix. I've disabled Light Manager for the time being.

3. recDNA

recDNA Android Enthusiast

It's nice to hear he thinks there may be a work around. I was under the impression it was hopeless.

4. tarponbeach

We'll see. I find it pretty amazing that manufacturers like Samsung build these phones with multi-colored LEDS, but don't bake in the ability to change color based on type of notification. It's such a useful feature, especially in light of the "Always On" screen only being programmed to display native Samsung apps, which no one that I've ever talked to uses.

bIOforger likes this.
  5. tarponbeach

Update: At the suggestion of a developer on another forum, I began using Google Inbox in lieu of the Gmail app. Inbox has a switch to turn off led notifications, which the Gmail app does not. Using Inbox, Light Manager works perfectly on the S7., with regard to auto dismissing status bar notifications after reading mail.

KOLIO likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews