• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
No, unfortunately not yet. Light Manager works, however, a side effect of 6.0 Android is that the notifications (Gmail, etc) in the notification bar at the top of the screen will not auto clear after reading an email, and must be manually cleared. The developer says that he is working on a fix. I've disabled Light Manager for the time being.

Upvote 0
We'll see. I find it pretty amazing that manufacturers like Samsung build these phones with multi-colored LEDS, but don't bake in the ability to change color based on type of notification. It's such a useful feature, especially in light of the "Always On" screen only being programmed to display native Samsung apps, which no one that I've ever talked to uses.

Reactions: bIOforger
Upvote 0
Update: At the suggestion of a developer on another forum, I began using Google Inbox in lieu of the Gmail app. Inbox has a switch to turn off led notifications, which the Gmail app does not. Using Inbox, Light Manager works perfectly on the S7., with regard to auto dismissing status bar notifications after reading mail.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones