• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Led on droid turbo(moto maxx)

rafael_fes

Lurker
Feb 16, 2015
hey, guys!
I'm new here and I've seen some posts about the non-existent led notification on droid turbo, but I got a Moto Maxx, in Brazil, and when my phone battery dropped to 0% I plugged it on the socket and a green light appeared right next to the camera!

p.s: I own the phone for 3 months and this is the first time such thing happens.

Yes, there is an LED that works only when charging from a very low battery state. It is meant to show you that the phone is charging but that there is not enough power to turn on the display. That LED has been on both versions of the Moto X, the 2013 Droids, the Droid Turbo, and now the Moto Maxx. Unfortunately for those that want to use it for notifications, it cannot be used as a notification LED without rooting the phone.

Upvote 0
Yes, there is an LED that works only when charging from a very low battery state. It is meant to show you that the phone is charging but that there is not enough power to turn on the display. That LED has been on both versions of the Moto X, the 2013 Droids, the Droid Turbo, and now the Moto Maxx. Unfortunately for those that want to use it for notifications, it cannot be used as a notification LED without rooting the phone.

oh, okay. but.. do you use a rooted one? does it worth?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones