• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LED Video Cam Light Doesn't Work. No Apps work with LED. Other phones all have this.

bh27

Apr 22, 2010
Just have a new htc desire on orange. I can't believe it doesn't even have the option to use the LED light when using the videocam.

This is such a great feature when you are out in a bar, pub, or club or just outside at night. I have an old sony and nokia and they both have the feature and I have loads of great vids because of it.

I have spent hours searching for apps that might make the LED light next to the camera work but there doesn't seem to be one. This means if you are using the phone as a light you have to use the screen like a numpty and not the powerful led. Should have gone for the xperia as my friend has it and it has this feature.

Can anyone help?

At the moment I take my Nokia or Sony out in the evening as they can do video using the flashlight constantly on. My friend has the android sony x10 and it has a video light function. I'd be willing to pay for an app. If someone could sort this you will make millions from all the users downloading it!

Upvote 0
Well I think it is a fair question but I can't offer much help I'm afraid.

I know there are no apps to enable this function but if it is possible with this type of flash I am sure we will see one soon. Cameras with flash are fairly new to Android.

The android SDK doesn't allow us access to the flashlight without rooting, hopefully google will open this up at some point

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones