• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Legally obtaining games from a region where Market has no games

I'm based in Korea, and the Android market has NO GAMES whatsoever. You can read about it here for the reason why.

Having said that, is there a way for me to legally obtain games that are available elsewhere? It's not that I consider myself as a model citizen (far from it!), but I do like to pay for quality, and more importantly, updates are always nice. At least with Apple's App Store, I can have multiple accounts in different countries and use gift cards to buy and download, but is there such a way with Android?

There really are some games that I really want to try, but if there really isn't a feasible solution, then...well...you know what happens next.

Upvote 0
Will I have issues with updating by doing this?

You may have force stop the Market before applying the settings, you probably know how to do the first step but just in case.

step 1. Go to settings/applications/manage applications/all, find Market and select Force Stop

step 2. When you first launch MarketEnabler select 'Save current settings'

step 3. select a new one from the Settings list' then press and hold on the carrier you want to fake and select 'fake this provider now'

You will be able to download and update any apps and games available to you on that carrier even if you bought them before. You can easily restore back to your old settings by going back to step 1 but then when you launch MarketEnabler select 'Restore settings' and you will be back where you started but with all your new apps installed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones