• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lenovo A7010/ VIBE X3 LITE PERFORMANCE ISSUE

DenaByte

Lurker
Mar 4, 2016
Hello everyone at AndroidForums !

I would like to ask if any of you have the new Lenovo A7010 aka VIBE X3 LITE Android smartphone?
I bought it and it looks nice and sleek, its durable but the preformance in gaming is kind of questionable.

While some games perform great (Smash Hit , Angry Birds Epic) , others seem to be performing WORSE than my old smartphone (Sony Xperia M2). Which comes to a surprise to me , since the Lenovo beats the Sony in almost all catgories of comparison. I even ran an Antutu bechmark and the scores of the Sony were nowhere near the Lenovo score. Still I experience LOW FPS in games such as Dragon City and Sim City.
On the old Sony I get seemless 30-25 FPS on these two games, which is not only playable but enjoyable as well. On the Lenovo I get something of 15 FPS or less with a lot of stutter.

DragonCity is an animation based 2D game, while Sim City is a 3D game, yet they both have low output on the Lenovo in comparison to Sony which rocks on these two games. BUT the Sony struggles with Angry Birds Epic and Smash Hit - it gets some good FPS but the frame drop happens way too often and it lags when I load up the daily reward callender (which runs smoothly on the Lenovo) .

Is it because the Lenovo runs on FULL HD , while the Sony only supports to 960px / 580px , and that hurts the performance ?

If that is the issue, why isnt it effecting all games and not just a some of them as it is right now?

This is why I am contacting you guys. Because games that run OK on the weaker Sony Xperia M2, are doing very bad on the Lenovo A7010 aka VIBE X3, while at the same time games which run poorly on Sony, are going great on the Lenovo.

I would like to ask if anyone has this issue, or any explanation as to why this is happening.

Thank you in advance for your time.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones