• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Let's all bug Virgin Mobile about ICS on the Triumph!

I'm pretty sure cm8 will be the next with ics. But the green blob on the camera I heard is from taking a picture in bright flouresent light!
But I got a replacement phone from vm and the Gps seriously locks within 15 seconds everytime. I just have the lbstest mode set to Ms based with the stock GPS.conf. but this new phone I got is bug free! It is what the triumph should be like lol! Even the display looks better, the colors don't look as washed out!

Upvote 0
You're not going to fix a hardware problem with software. The camera is just plain not that good. It's ok, but not great.

For a phone that's half the price of one with the "top of the line" components what are you complaining about again? You got 90% of the $600 phone for half the money, and where it counts (processing power, RAM, etc) it's all there.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure cm8 will be the next with ics. But the green blob on the camera I heard is from taking a picture in bright flouresent light!
But I got a replacement phone from vm and the Gps seriously locks within 15 seconds everytime. I just have the lbstest mode set to Ms based with the stock GPS.conf. but this new phone I got is bug free! It is what the triumph should be like lol! Even the display looks better, the colors don't look as washed out!

You're not going to fix a hardware problem with software. The camera is just plain not that good. It's ok, but not great.

For a phone that's half the price of one with the "top of the line" components what are you complaining about again? You got 90% of the $600 phone for half the money, and where it counts (processing power, RAM, etc) it's all there.

It isn't just in "bright florescence light," it is in almost ALL light. However, I agree with Tickerguy. And B_randon, who is the manufacturer of the display? (The debugging menu should have the info on Stock 2.2, like *#*#372#*#* should get you into it from the dialer)

Upvote 0
Here is something rather... strange. I just chatted with a Moto chat support person, and the person had something rather interesting to say:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones