• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lets discuss wallpaper...

I can not get this to work. I resized to 960 X 800 and I still get the crap box and have it blow the image way up. With such a great screen on this phone it handles images like crap. The image of people when I get a call...distorted! Wallpaper, distorted. Camera...crap! If it weren't for the screensize I would question why I even bought this phone over the Ip4

2229513414_5af2e16ae7.jpg

Yeah you're doing it wrong.

Reactions: KMoore7580
Upvote 0
My workaround for the phone contact pic was to create a "phone contact" instead of a "google contact." That causes the contact pic to be stored locally on the phone instead of on Google's servers, where an automatic resize is performed. I read about another workaround that seemed more convoluted, so I wanted to share this one in case it helps someone.

Upvote 0
If someone has to visit a forum or scour the internet because the phone doesn't auto resize, they're essentially ****ing with it.

I just set a 1920x1080 wallpaper on my EVO just fine. It has to crop off part of the image on the sides to match the aspect ratio, but it still 'automatically resized' per say. The only difference is that it gives you the decision of what you want to crop out. Honestly, I still don't understand what the problem is here. If people are unhappy with the way the image looks like when it's scaled up/down, then I don't know what to say other than use a smaller/larger picture. The same thing goes for t-shirts, a larger one will fit technically, but it may look a little weird. Hopefully they didn't have to scour the net for instructions on that as well.

As far as your definition of '****ing with,' I'm still going to have to disagree with you.

Upvote 0
I just set a 1920x1080 wallpaper on my EVO just fine. It has to crop off part of the image on the sides to match the aspect ratio, but it still 'automatically resized' per say. The only difference is that it gives you the decision of what you want to crop out. Honestly, I still don't understand what the problem is here. If people are unhappy with the way the image looks like when it's scaled up/down, then I don't know what to say other than use a smaller/larger picture. The same thing goes for t-shirts, a larger one will fit technically, but it may look a little weird. Hopefully they didn't have to scour the net for instructions on that as well.

As far as your definition of '****ing with,' I'm still going to have to disagree with you.

Thanks edriggers!! You've hit the nail on the head. I'm not sure why all the frustration. I just load my win7 walls up without cropping and use the EVO box to crop. If you want to resize them to 960 x 800 you are doing the same thing as the EVO just slower and less efficiently. A crop is a crop. Whether in the phone or outside of it. I'd advise not making the green box too small or using images less than 1000 px wide. I've used 2560 px wide images cropped with the green box and they all look perfect. Just keep the aspect ratio in mind when choosing images. You basically have to use horizontals or interesting bits of verticals. That's it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones