• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Let's unlock that damn bootloader!

Three of which we already knew of - Spectrum II, Escape, and LTE2...

Shabby/PG, these are stupid questions but: how hard would it be to make a bootloader from scratch?

Is there a way to give a false positive on the bootloader/kernel/sbl check? Like early in boot, symlink the real bootloader/kernel/sbl partition on the SD, destroy symlink, c/p unlocked bootloader/kernel to the right partition, and boom? Or fumes?

Is there anyone that could look into this? (Other than Adam Outler)

Has anyone attempted to reach out to Adam or those over at XDA. Really unlocking the bootloader on our phone would open up possibly 3 or more other phones if not more in the future. Would it take a donor phone and bounty? Questions that all could be answered if someone could at least contact him I suppose. I'm sure he gets 100s of PM'S asking similar but if we explain in detail the possibilities that would come for multiple handsets and ask him what he would need from us as a community, I'm sure he would be receptive. I would do it I'm just afraid my PM would be lost in a sea of 1000s

As a side note,it's really a shame a couple people pushed away the talented developer that was working for us. As a community the word has been put out there that we are bad to work for because of it. I've seen other developers discussing it in posts. We need to change the perception about us.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones