• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Aristo 2 Free Up A LOT OF SPACE

brad2192

May 15, 2015
First off, use my root method here.

Once you finish that and you are properly rooted, download AppMgr III

Open it, click the ≡ symbol in the top left and go to Root Only Functions and check off ALL boxes (obviously grant root access as well).

Go back to main AppMgr III screen and click the "Movable" tab

Select all apps and move them to SD card.

Done!

You can also use System App Remover to remove apps like:
MetroID
MetroZone
App Store (Metro one with the @ symbol)
Google Play Movies
Google Play Music
Google Duo
Etc.

DO NOT DELETE LG APPS, just go to Settings > Apps and Disable them. Otherwise you may soft-brick your device!

I've freed up about 30% of my Internal Storage and have a 64gb SD card in so I'll never have to worry about app space!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jpsantos
Can't hurt, might help.
When you removed those apps did anything else work better? @brad2192?

Well a lot less pop-ups for starters. No MetroPCS annoyances or LG Apps bothering me. And all of the updates with the system apps reduce the space taken dramatically. The battery life is better as well as many of the bloatware apps like Lookout are not constantly running. The only real downfall of the phone is the internal storage but I love how AppMgr automatically moves all apps that can be moved to the SD. So I've got about 5 pages of apps and I am using about 50% internal storage used.

Reactions: etaylor041986
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones