• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Connect udpate

I am having pretty good battery life now that I have the bloat frozen, am keeping 4G at my control, and using 2X Battery. If the keyboard drain problem is solved and root is still available, then I might welcome it. I have the OTA frozen as well, so I will wait to see how the update goes before I jump in.

Upvote 0
ZV9 is the most current sw version. LG has not released the new update yet.

Battery life is up to the user and how he/she uses their device.

I can get up to 16hrs off one charge. Some days (heavier usage) 9hrs.

Also. Don't use task manager or app killers or memory cleaners etc. If your OS is 2.2 and up. The OS manages the memory its self. And the android OS is designed to use and want to use all the ram. So killing apps and process will drain your battery fast.

Making sure all your radios off if you're not using them. GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth. Also turning off all auto-syncs and push notifications. Set to off or manual and that alone will save you a ton of juice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones