• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Enlighten a downgrade rather than successor?

db2u

Jul 28, 2011
From what I have seen about the Enlighten, it seems this phone fits in a lower end slot than the Ally did/does. Lower resolution screen, no led flash, no upgrade in camera resolution. All I can find about the CPU is that it is 800mhz. I know this isnt released yet, but is this in the same family as the Ally CPU just a slightly higher clock speed?

I have seen articles saying the Enlighten is sort of an Ally 2 in effect, but it looks to me LG moved it a notch downmarket.

Other than the fact that it will have Gingerbread stock, I see no reason for anyone with an Ally to want this phone, especially if Project Gretel is still alive.

Is anyone interested in this phone at all? I just dont see the sense in getting a 2 year contract for this free phone vs paying $100 or less for a used Ally and having no contract requirements. LONG LIVE ALLY!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones