• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lg f60 metro pcs

I have a question guys cant we just port lollipop from this device which just came out and is pretty much exactly our phone except its resolution is 480x854 i looked at its specs its just our phone using lollipop. Wonder if any devs wanna try to see if a port is viable heres the link to the open source http://opensource.lge.com/osSch/list?types=ALL&search=H340N its the lg leon lte other wise known as h340n as its model its from metropcs as well. If we cant do anything with it i think maybe just upgrading to this one would just be easier since its the same damn phone with lollipop on it .-. i only asked to see if its portable to ours so i dont have to spend another 50$ xD

While I have no idea about porting or anything but I too noticed that the Leon is awfully similar to the F60 with only a slightly higher resolution and a button on the back. Though I notice the Leon has a smaller battery but according to the specs it has longer battery life which could just be because of Lollipop but I don't know.

Upvote 0
Hey guys Noobified... UD..Team Regular < either one of those ring a bell lolz i just say UD has a new file > https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=27775 < Called widevine Can anyone tell me what thats for o_O?
Just so everyone knows , it's a zip containing widevine firmware from our stock persist-lg partition I uploaded them for another variant to test if they could get video playback working.

Upvote 0
Just so everyone knows , it's a zip containing widevine firmware from our stock persist-lg partition I uploaded them for another variant to test if they could get video playback working.

Well I don't know why or how but my video play back is working fine on MX player and YouTube and videos in wed pages on 5.0.2 is there anyway I can help let me know and will try if there is some log or debug let me know. Oh and it don't frezze when going from portrait to landscape.

Upvote 0
Well I don't know why or how but my video play back is working fine on MX player and YouTube and videos in wed pages on 5.0.2 is there anyway I can help let me know and will try if there is some log or debug let me know. Oh and it don't frezze when going from portrait to landscape.
The virgin mobile variant doesn't use the persist-lg partition our files get linked to there as symlinks but since theirs is empty it doesn't actually point to anything.

Upvote 0
Bleh i dropped my phone pretty good today cracked all up the screen and exposed the bottom left lcd ... Sighhhhh looks like ill be getting a new phone and this will be just for dev purposes now i guess. I do need some help though ... Anyone know how to get ndiswrapper working for ubuntu 14? i dont have a lan line and i was thinking about trying to help with dev for this phone.... all i can do now anyway xD Next phone im getting will probably be the lg leon lte but who knows. .-. Hope yalls days are going well and any help with linux stuff is greatly appreciative Lol

Upvote 0
Having an issue. My 6f0 says 4g lte. I have NO internet unless on wifi. Ive reset wiped restored flashed over new roms pulled battery and sim. Nothing no 2g or 4g. If anyone can help me it would be highly appreciated. Im running the stock lgf60 rom with root. I also have twrp recovery.

Did you do anything before that install an app or change a setting? Did you try booting into twrp and go to settings and check the box that says use rm -rf instead of formatting

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Called metro 2 days ago and they said they were having outages, but the issue was resolved. My bill is today. Im not sure if i should pay it tho. I dont want to pay it and still not have 4g. I was also told today that they DO throttle after a certain point, even tho i was originally told that my data would NEVER be throttled because of the plan im on. When you pay your bill, does your internet " reset". Do you think that would fix the issue. My wife is on my plan, and her phone is fine. She has the zmax

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones