• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lg f60 metro pcs

dubdiablo77

Apr 20, 2014
illadelph, pa
I'm new..but not a complete noob..wanted to know if any other people have..the new lg f60..there is no thread here under phones for it and..I wish to root and get some sort of recovery for it..or at least..see if there is any progress..in that regard..can someone make a listing under phones for this device and share any input?

Do you think you can help me find the firmware for this device ? I've looked all over.. Please any one?
LG hasn't uploaded any publicly :( we need someone with B2B access to get the:
1) bin or tot and a DLL
OR
2) KDZ file.

I would prefer bin/tot + DLL.

I have an F60 too now by the way, which is how I happened to find this thread :)

Upvote 0
Hey sammyz bro, long time no talk.

How's F60?

I am thinking about buying a new phone for my mother in law (she has LG Spirit with broken LCD...). $49 is such a nice deal for this brand, this size & this spec!!
Its good, the resolution does kind of suck, the battery is ok for people who just talk, text and listen to music. If you do lots of heavy web browsing it dies a lot faster. If you need a good battery get the Samsung Avant wayyyy better. I have a portable battery charger so yea. With web browsing continuously, took me 2 hours to get from 100% to 64% ish with medium brightness. Apps use less battery life than web browsers (most of the time, except games) so if you don't do much browsing/games, should be fine.

Upvote 0
Its good, the resolution does kind of suck, the battery is ok for people who just talk, text and listen to music. If you do lots of heavy web browsing it dies a lot faster. If you need a good battery get the Samsung Avant wayyyy better. I have a portable battery charger so yea. With web browsing continuously, took me 2 hours to get from 100% to 64% ish with medium brightness. Apps use less battery life than web browsers (most of the time, except games) so if you don't do much browsing/games, should be fine.
Sammy, how many phones does this one make? :D Have you rooted/recovery the phone yet?

Seriously though, I was looking at this one for my wife, to replace her aging Motion. I'm happily using my Moto G.

Upvote 0
Sammy, how many phones does this one make? :D Have you rooted/recovery the phone yet?

Seriously though, I was looking at this one for my wife, to replace her aging Motion. I'm happily using my Moto G.
Still no root for F60
LG Optimus M
LG Optimus V
LG Optimus S
LG Motion
LG Optimus L9
LG L70
LG F60 (Current)

First phone was a Nokia brick that had a flashlight as well.

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0
Speaking of batteries..I've yet to find a replacement battery for this thing..or even a compatible source..any ideas where to grip one at? @ sammyz

Upvote 0
My M is in my room somewhere. I think it can still turn on, but of course it can no longer be activated since its CDMA. I enjoyed that phone for a first Android.
And me too.. I think it was a tiny hero for its time.. These new phones are too damn big..that's why I love this f60..it's like a lil n5..perfect

Reactions: Dhlongfellow
Upvote 0
How bout this? This phone has a removable battery.. Right?.. So I go looking for a backup battery online.. Nothing.. weird..so I call LG..thinking.. They made the damn thing..surely they can send an OEM battery for this device.. They tell me there is none available.. Try amazon or best buy or radio shack..wtf..does anyone know a compatible battery that will work for the f60..or where I can get the OEM?.. This is ridiculous.. First no root.. now..this for all that I could bought a n5

Upvote 0
How bout this? This phone has a removable battery.. Right?.. So I go looking for a backup battery online.. Nothing.. weird..so I call LG..thinking.. They made the damn thing..surely they can send an OEM battery for this device.. They tell me there is none available.. Try amazon or best buy or radio shack..wtf..does anyone know a compatible battery that will work for the f60..or where I can get the OEM?.. This is ridiculous.. First no root.. now..this for all that I could bought a n5

Can someone who has F60 (sammyz ^_^?) check the battery model (BL-41A1H)?

It seems like LG F60 and LG Tribute use same battery size (2100mah).
Also their phone size and specs are very similar with minor didferences (CDMA vs GSM, CPU) so... LG Tribute's battery may work on LG F60.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Oem-Bat..._Cell_Phone_PDA_Batteries&hash=item234642f914

But again this is just my speculation.. I don't have F60 so let's wait for owner's confirmation

Reactions: dubdiablo77
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones