• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G STYLO 2 ANNOUNCED

Blu8

Android Expert
Apr 2, 2015
Not impressed!!!

The only "2" feature is software now detects when they stylus is removed, big whoop

Same exact hardware (or less memory) then my Metro/Tmobile stylus

-Turning to the hardware, the LG Stylus 2 is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core processor with 1.5GB RAM. Other specs include 16GB storage, microSD, a 5.7-inch 720p display, a 13MP rear cam, 8MP front cam, LTE, and a 3000 mAh battery.-

Upvote 0
Eh, it's only marginally better than the current Stylo... the jump from 13 MP from 8 isn't too great, actually. I already get good photos from mine. It's enough to finally leave my Canon P&S at home in most cases. HallOfPromise, you're right. The laser sensor is not present. That's enough to not make me want to upgrade. The laser focus helps with closeup shots. Aside from the issues with MM storage, I feel my Stylo's the best purchase I've made for a smartphone recently... just gave my Tribute away to a relative (also a decent phone, but much better if rooted).

Upvote 0
Too bad they don't disclaim what type of QuadCore processor it is, that could be a difference maker like if it's a snapdragon 808 or 810, the 8mp front facing will be nice for the selfie experts...

Although they left us lacking with decreased ram and memory, really wished they would've 1up'ed themselves and made it at least 3gb or 2.5gb ram and 32gb memory.

It'd be funny if the sprint/vm/boost/cricket version have better spec's than the t-mo/metro/wmfm variants this time, or I wonder if they'll all be the same across the board.

Reactions: Murf1
Upvote 0
Is this thing coming out for us TMobile/MetroPC folks? Please tell the specs the specs better on ours? I truly feel sorry for you guys on the other networks. They our basically selling you our phone. No no I take that back, a worse phone. Stylo for us is 2 GB ram, stylo 2.0 1.5 GB ram for yall. At they very least it better be cheaper for you guys.

Reactions: Jack Mickey
Upvote 0
Is this thing coming out for us TMobile/MetroPC folks? Please tell the specs the specs better on ours? I truly feel sorry for you guys on the other networks. They our basically selling you our phone. No no I take that back, a worse phone. Stylo for us is 2 GB ram, stylo 2.0 1.5 GB ram for yall. At they very least it better be cheaper for you guys.
No carriers has been announced nor price or release date. I hope Boost Mobile gets it. I think the carriers that got the G Stylo last year will get the LG Stylus 2

Upvote 0
Eh, it's only marginally better than the current Stylo... the jump from 13 MP from 8 isn't too great, actually. I already get good photos from mine. It's enough to finally leave my Canon P&S at home in most cases. HallOfPromise, you're right. The laser sensor is not present. That's
Again, the current Stylo Tmobile/Metro already has -

Camera, Photos and Video
  • 5MP Front Facing Camera
  • 13MP camera with flash

So who knows what they mess up per carrier on the new model as well ..........

enough to not make me want to upgrade. The laser focus helps with closeup shots. Aside from the issues with MM storage, I feel my Stylo's the best purchase I've made for a smartphone recently... just gave my Tribute away to a relative (also a decent phone, but much better if rooted).
I'm not a picture or video expert.
I have the "better" Stylo, and initially found picture taking subpar... and I tried numerous apps - including X Cam LG.
The results were so bad that I was ready to ditch phone, but the last app I tried made a world of difference, Camera MX:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...SVzvYClc1raoL08cQ&sig2=bX2X3F95A8MD1hmG5gBfKg

I still don't know what went down, but right off the bat- without adjusting anything- the difference was astounding in all conditions.

PS I have zero connection + that's an anonymous / regular Google search link.

Upvote 0
LG is pooping out too many models with the same spces, maybe one new trick each.
One of the new X series has a smaller screen, but includes the secondary screen like the V10.

LG to unveil new 'X' smartphone series at MWC next week

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_to_unveil_new_x_smartphone_series_at_mwc_next_week-news-16622.php
Looks like LG copying Samsung playbook- Galaxy Mini/Avant/etc. BUT @ inferior fashion both price & spec -wise:
the Avant I bought for so cheap almost two years ago was VERY future proof @ 16 & 1.5 GB, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones