• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG G Watch does not charge

My LG G Watch, purchased last Thanksgiving, is having a hard time charging. I leave it on its charge cradle but it will, even when unattended, simply stop charging at times. Of course, connected-but-not-charging is death for the battery so in the morning it's completely drained.

I've even watched it, sitting idle, flip between charging and non-charging despite nothing touching it.

Known issue? What can I do about it, if anything?

Crell,

Make sure you look at the back of the watch and make sure the 5 contact points are clean. Keep in mind that wearable's will gain gunk and dirt on it's contact points from daily wear due to sweat and dust. You can use any pointy object to lightly scrape off any accumulated gunk to make sure that good contact between the watch and cradle is made.

Another thing you might want to check is to make sure that the cable you are using to charge your watch is not defective. Test the cable with another device and make sure it's not one of those cables you have to 'hold a certain way' for the device to charge. If you notice this to be true, it might be time to replace that cable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones