• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Leon LTE - NFC won't turn on

jimbo1111

Lurker
Apr 8, 2017
I have an LG Leon LTE as a spare phone, I don't normally use Android, I don't have my SIM card in the Leon, I don't plan to really use it for much of anything (got it as part of a "switch to tmobile and we'll pay out your contract" thing). But I want to use the NFC chip in it. It supposedly supports NFC, but when I go to settings -> share & connect, there's no "turn on NFC" setting. The only thing that shows up is "LG PC Suite."

What gives? How do I turn on NFC if my phone supposedly supports it but it doesn't show up?

I'm on 5.1.1 "f" version. When I go to software update it says there's more updates but it won't let me install them until tonight or something. I don't think they have anything to do with NFC functionality though.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones