• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Marquee / Optimus Black / LGL85C

druman

Lurker
Apr 25, 2012
Ok so here it is, I've been going through countless forums looking around at problems others are having and the general information i've found is nobody has the LGL85C $330 straight talk phone, well i've gone and done it and bricked it

CWMR Touch Installed
I've tried CM7 (before finding out it was a cdma phone)
Went on to Marky Beatz v1.2 and get stuck in constant boot loops.
Tried flashing original roms that were the marquee version (Sprint)
There is no option to press Vol+ and Power to get software restore, and when i go to update through LGB2C it says my phones software isn't supported now this said that before i had even gone and touched anything.
It is rooted and has the super user in there somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Android 2.3.4
LGL85CV1

*Edit* Was able to get it back up and running by installing a Sprint Optimus Q? firmware now i'm stuck with all of this sprint stuff and i have 4 buttons i can hit the Q only has 3 anybody have any ideas on how to get most of my functionality by modifying this rom?

Ok so here it is, I've been going through countless forums looking around at problems others are having and the general information i've found is nobody has the LGL85C $330 straight talk phone, well i've gone and done it and bricked it

CWMR Touch Installed
I've tried CM7 (before finding out it was a cdma phone)
Went on to Marky Beatz v1.2 and get stuck in constant boot loops.
Tried flashing original roms that were the marquee version (Sprint)
There is no option to press Vol+ and Power to get software restore, and when i go to update through LGB2C it says my phones software isn't supported now this said that before i had even gone and touched anything.
It is rooted and has the super user in there somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Android 2.3.4
LGL85CV1

*Edit* Was able to get it back up and running by installing a Sprint Optimus Q? firmware now i'm stuck with all of this sprint stuff and i have 4 buttons i can hit the Q only has 3 anybody have any ideas on how to get most of my functionality by modifying this rom?

What exact phone do u have? And its volume DOWN and power for CWM recovery

Upvote 0
Your the first I've seen that has a "Straight Talk" version of the Marquee. (I didn't even know one existed!)

None of the custom roms/kernels available here is intended for that version of the phone. If you have an iteration of the Optimus Black then the CWM available here is probably not going to work either. I think Straight Talk's CDMA phones run off Verizon's network and their GSM phones (aka the ones that take sim cards) run off AT&T.

If your phone uses SIM cards, then you likely have the Optimus Black or a close relative of it. In which case there's a high probably that there is enough difference in the hardware that the CWM that was developed here will not work and may brick your phone if you attempt to use it.

EDIT: I googled it and all eBay listings I've seen for this phone refer to it as the "Straight Talk LG L85c Optimus Black"

I do not recommend you try and use anything here for that phone.

Instead try looking in this forum section instead:

http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-black/

That section is for the Optimus Black, which is what you have. ;)

But the root section for that phone is a ghost town.

The other good alternative is to look at section for this phone over at the XDA forums:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1190

Which for this phone appears to be more active. ;)

Reactions: druman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones