• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I still haven't decided between the nexus 4 or the new at&t note 2 But i'm leaning toward the nexus and use the differences toward the nexus 10

I'm hoping to get an international Note 2 (hopefully 64GB will be out by then) once I get my tax returns early next year and I'll use both. They both use Micro Sim so I can switch off.

Upvote 0
I can't wait.

I currently have an unlocked S3 on my parents family plan. Going to sell it and drop the data plan off to the $10 open line and get a dumbphone for phone calls when I'm at home.

When I get my 16gb Nexus 4 I'm moving over to tMobile prepaid, $30/month.

I can't wait.

Upvote 0
Seems like most of us are going on the $30 plan with T-Mobile. Great minds think alike..

That's what I'm doing. Was carrying 2 phones for a long time, one work and one personal.Gave up the personal phone a few months ago and have regretted it. Can't even cut loose from work when I'm on vacation anymore, i'm always tethered now. Since I'll still have an iPhone 4 from work, I just need good/cheap data with minimal minutes. This phone and the t-mo plan is just what I need.

John

Upvote 0
Can anyone tell me the disadvantages of the t-mobile $30 a month plan? I don't talk on the phone much, so minutes don't matter.

T-Mobile network
Prepaid
100 minutes a month
5GB 4G speeds (throttled after that)
$30 a month
Unlimited texting

That's about it... If it fits your needs go for it. If not, look to Straight Talk, AT&T, or another T-Mobile plan. Google is your friend.

Upvote 0
T-Mobile network
Prepaid
100 minutes a month
5GB 4G speeds (throttled after that)
$30 a month
Unlimited texting

That's about it... If it fits your needs go for it. If not, look to Straight Talk, AT&T, or another T-Mobile plan. Google is your friend.

And, of course, the possibility of TMo changing the terms at any time since you're month-to-month.

Upvote 0
Just got back from T-Mobile and found out that their no-contract plans do NOT include free roaming on other carriers. Their other contract plans allow you roam for free on AT&T towers. This is a deal breaker for me since I travel a lot on secondary highways between Memphis and Evansville, IN. Without roaming I would be a cut off for 3 of the 5 hours it takes for the trip. Oh well. AT&T 4G speeds have been fine for what I do anyways.

Upvote 0
Just got back from T-Mobile and found out that their no-contract plans do NOT include free roaming on other carriers. Their other contract plans allow you roam for free on AT&T towers. This is a deal breaker for me since I travel a lot on secondary highways between Memphis and Evansville, IN. Without roaming I would be a cut off for 3 of the 5 hours it takes for the trip. Oh well. AT&T 4G speeds have been fine for what I do anyways.

No surprise. I'm on Virgin Mobile, which is a prepaid branch of Sprint, and they don't support roaming on Verizon's network like Sprint contract plans do. Money money money...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones