• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Optimus F3 Upgrade from Samsung Exhibit II 4G T679

TheKid7

Lurker
Sep 11, 2012
I am considering upgrading from my Samsung Exhibit II 4G T679 to a LG Optimus F3. My main reasons for upgrading are:

1. Faster Dual Core CPU rather than a single core CPU.
2. LTE speed. In my area T-Mobile officially has LTE.
3. Larger capacity battery on the LG Optimus F3.

I mainly use the smartphone as a phone, to check EMail and limited web surfing. I have a 7 inch Tablet which I sometimes Tether to my smartphone. I feel that the faster phone together with LTE will make my web surfing with the Tablet much better.

I don't install a bunch of Apps. My Samsung Exhibit II 4G T679 currently only has two Apps added (An Antivirus App and a Tethering App). I have seen a lot of people complaining about a lack of built-in storage space on the Samsung Exhibit II 4G T679. I plan to use a 16 GB or 32 GB microSD card.

Do you think that the LG Optimus F3 will be a good choice for me?

Is it easy to store and access files to/from the microSD card?

Thanks in Advance.

The F3's biggest shortcoming is the lack of storage space, but that doesn't seem like it would be an issue for you.

Tethering hasn't been the easiest on this phone, but other than that I think it would work just fine.

It's generally pretty easy to access the micro SD card, and you won't have to sift through a bunch of junk on it because the phone doesn't use it for much of anything by default.

The CPU is nice, and I have yet to run into any major lag on it. The battery is really nice as well. I can go an entire day with pretty regular usage on it and still have 20+% left.

I can't speak for the LTE, as my area doesn't have coverage. I've yet to see any complaints about it though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones