• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG optimus V (unrooted) no 3G

ladykatta

Lurker
Dec 20, 2012
VA
I just got an LG optimus V from e-bay and started service with virgin mobile. When I started service, I was getting no service at all but had found out that the ESN had been zeroed out. I fixed that issue so my calls and texts work fine now. I have been unable to get 3G at all. I have done all the troubleshooting I can think of(being that I work for cell phone call center is quite a bit) I have ensured data is enabled, wifi off, power cycled with battery pull, reprogrammed with all 1's following with programming with correct mdn/min, airplane mode toggled on and off, used the *#*#4636#*#*, and of course, a factory data reset with no luck. I checked in QPST and mobile ip settings match what it should be. I called customer service and of course, got the run through of what I have already done except they refreshed it. Is there anything else I can do to get my data back short of taking it to a store? :thinking:

I just got an LG optimus V from e-bay and started service with virgin mobile. When I started service, I was getting no service at all but had found out that the ESN had been zeroed out. I fixed that issue so my calls and texts work fine now. I have been unable to get 3G at all. ... Is there anything else I can do to get my data back short of taking it to a store? :thinking:

If the ESN has been zeroed out, then most likely the AAA code has also been erased/deleted. If that's the case, you're pretty much out of luck, no way to get data activated ever, according to AndyOpie150's post at:

http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...t-aaa-password-off-optimus-v.html#post4825097

You can try to see if the AAA has been wiped by following asadullah's video. FYI.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones