• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Shine Plus soft/rubber case?

Sammii

Lurker
Dec 28, 2010
I've been trying to find out if a soft case exists for my new LG Shine Plus, but so far have had no luck. I'm desperate for one because it seems like the hard cases made for this phone SUCK!

I have had it about a week and a half and have dropped it twice. (It's quite heavy, which I think is the reason I drop it more than I did my old phone.) Every time I drop it, the hard case that covers the screen breaks. (Also, my phone still got banged up since the case exploded and flew right off, so, WHAT'S THE POINT?)

Also, when I took it to the Telus store to get a new battery (the original was a dud), the girl who helped me accidentally broke the tabs on the case when she took it off to reach my battery. I've now gone through 3 hard cases in a week. I've cleaned out my local Telus store of hard cases, and I'm not going to bother wasting my money on more! But I'm scared to leave the top-half of my phone unprotected.

Long story short - where can I get my hands on a soft rubber case for my phone?? Help would be appreciated. :)

I've been trying to find out if a soft case exists for my new LG Shine Plus, but so far have had no luck. I'm desperate for one because it seems like the hard cases made for this phone SUCK!

I have had it about a week and a half and have dropped it twice. (It's quite heavy, which I think is the reason I drop it more than I did my old phone.) Every time I drop it, the hard case that covers the screen breaks. (Also, my phone still got banged up since the case exploded and flew right off, so, WHAT'S THE POINT?)

Also, when I took it to the Telus store to get a new battery (the original was a dud), the girl who helped me accidentally broke the tabs on the case when she took it off to reach my battery. I've now gone through 3 hard cases in a week. I've cleaned out my local Telus store of hard cases, and I'm not going to bother wasting my money on more! But I'm scared to leave the top-half of my phone unprotected.

Long story short - where can I get my hands on a soft rubber case for my phone?? Help would be appreciated. :)
I don't think it's possible to design a rubber case for a phone with a slide-out keyboard, without losing the ability to slide out the keyboard.

I saw one of those clear hard cases in a Telus store for $40, and I'm glad I didn't buy it, because I saw the same thing in another Telus store for $12. Somebody should report such ripoffs to Telus and the BBB.

I have been using the clear plastic hardcase for a few months now, and I like it quite well. My only complaint is that the small plastic tabs break off after a week or so, but I cured that with a bit of double-sided tape.

If I hear about a rubber case for the Shine Plus, I'd be very interested also.

Upvote 0
Search for an LG Ally cases. I think there is one. When I was looking for a new phone, one salesperson showed me his shine plus and I remember it had some sort of silicone skin, but I did not really examine it close enough to see how it attached.
Would a case for the LG Ally fit the Shine Plus?

Also the hard cases for this phone are honestly useless. The back section of it has been working fine since I've managed to not drop it in a while. ;) But I tripped on the charger and knocked the phone off my desk onto *CARPET* and the hard case broke. It didn't even fall off the phone - a chunk literally broke out of the case. Wtf??? Seriously. Way to test out your products, LG.

Upvote 0
The shine plus is heavy and slippery. I did see a hard clip-on case that had a soft rubber coating (and there are LG Ally versions easily found on the internet). Makes it easy to grip, but I would still have the concern that the tabs could break off and did not buy it.

I left on the original plastic coating on the battery cover for many months and finally took it off when it started to get bubbly and the edges started to peel. The phone is a lot more slippery without the plastic on the battery cover. Perhaps you could find some stick on rubber that you could cut to size.

Reactions: Sammii
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones