• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Spirit 4G [Root]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately that doesn't work either.

It fails here
stuff\adb.exe shell "/data/local/tmp/busybox mount -o remount,rw /system && /data/local/tmp/busybox mv /data/local/tmp/su /system/xbin/su && /data/local/tmp/busybox mv /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk && /data/local/tmp/busybox cp /data/local/tmp/busybox /system/xbin/busybox && chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su && chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su && chmod 655 /system/app/Superuser.apk && chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox && rm /data/local.prop && reboot"

Someone else feel free to try, it's possible I messed up somewhere.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately that doesn't work either.

It fails here
Someone else feel free to try, it's possible I messed up somewhere.

Tried both methods and a few others in and out of safe mode (trying to be careful):
-Same denied permissions with lit... Also while I was looking around, was denied ability to list in /data? :thinking: ...I could list in /system though? Been a while since I've been in a unix/linux shell (pre-reqs in college), but why was I not just flat out denied access to the directory, since when do you need elevated permissions to list? I apologize, may just be getting to used to winblows boxes at work... ugh.

-LG spectrum method also fails... went to XDA and used Bin4ry's v18. Both methods ultimately failed. Method 1 appeared to be successful until reboot, didn't take. Tried pushing it manually with the while loop... failed. Did notice that method 1 in Bin4ry's seemed to use an exploit with the sonys that seems to be with the "Sony Backup" program; looks like it might be re-skinned ICS native backup app...? Maybe LGs backup app is just a "skin" as well? Look at the youtubs vids between the two methods, one pops the sony skin, tablet method pops native. Gotta be around somewhere... :thinking:

Went looking and found a few maybe helpful things:
Escape P870 Success
Did some more digging and Escape (P870) has same Android ICS version (4.0.4), Kernel (3.0.21), Build (IMM76L)... Spirit seems to have specific software and baseband, but I don't know how "specific". May just be re-branded to metro...?

Backup Exploits in Native ICS
Exploration of ICS Native Backups

:D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones