• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Spirit Update???

I love LG phones, they make a really sound good phone HOWEVER, for some crappy reason they are very hesitant to update the Android on their phones. I don't think it's Metros fault but the Carriers should raise a bitch with the Makers so this kinda thing can get straightened out. Hell it's just BAD Business to do things like that! You end up losing customer base.... I bought an Asus Transformer with the understanding that after purchase I Could Update === NOW that's an excellent company AND Policy!

Upvote 0
I love LG phones, they make a really sound good phone HOWEVER, for some crappy reason they are very hesitant to update the Android on their phones. I don't think it's Metros fault but the Carriers should raise a bitch with the Makers so this kinda thing can get straightened out. Hell it's just BAD Business to do things like that! You end up losing customer base.... I bought an Asus Transformer with the understanding that after purchase I Could Update === NOW that's an excellent company AND Policy!

depends on what transformer you get. the older ones aren't getting updates anymore.

Upvote 0
One thing to keep in mind is often updates are hurried up to Fix Problems with the phone. I haven't heard of Any of these systematic issues with the Spirit to require fixing with an update. I don't understand JB to give us any new real Features the phone doesn't already have. My life will not be any more complete with a dancing or flying Jelly Bean icon than it will a flying Ice Cream Sammitch.

I think at least as many updates with the Motion were to lock us users Out More than they were to Fix any real operational issues.

When the manufacturers stop shipping out new phones they already know have serious issues it becomes not so urgent an issue they do an update to correct the problems that aren't there. ;)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
One thing to keep in mind is often updates are hurried up to Fix Problems with the phone. I haven't heard of Any of these systematic issues with the Spirit to require fixing with an update. I don't understand JB to give us any new real Features the phone doesn't already have. My life will not be any more complete with a dancing or flying Jelly Bean icon than it will a flying Ice Cream Sammitch.

I think at least as many updates with the Motion were to lock us users Out More than they were to Fix any real operational issues.

When the manufacturers stop shipping out new phones they already know have serious issues it becomes not so urgent an issue they do an update to correct the problems that aren't there. ;)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

You hit the nail on the head right there. There are no issues to fix and LG isn't working on updating Metro phones lol. As a manufacturer they would be more worried about Verizon or AT&T. Makes no sense to update a phone with no issues, on a carrier with a small customer base.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones