• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Thrill 4G vs. Samsung Galaxy S2

stopped by AT&T yesterday to take a look at teh LG Thrill..feels hella solid & has a nice soft rubberized coating that i love on phone cases..teh 3D is pretty pimp, reminds me off looking at a holograph..teh fact that u have to go into a "3D zone' on teh phone is pretty cool since it would get pretty hectic on the eyes & brain cells if it was always 3D..it had waht seemed like alot of cool 3D content, YouTube3D - 3D Games - 3Dsites - plus wahtever content u create using teh 3Dcam..i didnt spend to much time with it so i wasnt able to get a feel to how fast it loaded webpages or loading apps like FB or checking emails (something that drives me crazy on my Samsung Craptivate cuz of teh lagg and/or force closing!!!)..

im waiting for the SamsungGalaxySII hoping that teh 1gbRAM & 1.2ghz dualcore cpu fixes all those lagg/force close issues i have on my Craptivate..also it coming with GingerBread is a bigg plus as i am still traumatized from all teh FroYogate bs they put ppl thru with teh GalaxyS..

so..teh differences in RAM & cpu speeds (not that bothered wit teh cpu differences)..GalaxySII's GingerBread OS vs. Thrill's FroYo OS..are outweighing teh bonuses of teh Thrill's 3D - rubberized case - lower price - availability..that being said..if teh GSII still has teh same lagg/force close issues as teh Craptivate (plus teh GPS problems)..ill probably return it for teh Thrill or stay wit teh Craptivate til teh Christmas line-up of SuperPhones comes out..

Upvote 0
I wen't with the thrill and I am loving it so far. Have had it since launch. Came from the inspire which had horrible battery life, wifi performance and reception. Reception, GPS, WIFI are all very good on this phone, battery life is decent and performance is very good. Only complaint is the audio sounds a little tinny on phone calls, but not BAD by any means. Samsung left a bad taste in my mouth with the captivate and I don't plan on going back. The tests I have seen also rate the TI OMAP 4 out performing the samsung exynos for those who care. LG Optimus 3D's OMAP 4 benchmarked, pulls ahead of Exynos and Tegra 2 -- Engadget

Upvote 0
ISamsung left a bad taste in my mouth with the captivate and I don't plan on going back.

you and I both. Samsung is screwing customers over in the infuse department to. Remember the "it coming out next month" froyo update that didn't actually get to us until 8 months later. Infuse users might be in that same boat as it was suppose to be released last month.

Upvote 0
I wen't with the thrill and I am loving it so far. Have had it since launch. Came from the inspire which had horrible battery life, wifi performance and reception. Reception, GPS, WIFI are all very good on this phone, battery life is decent and performance is very good. Only complaint is the audio sounds a little tinny on phone calls, but not BAD by any means. Samsung left a bad taste in my mouth with the captivate and I don't plan on going back. The tests I have seen also rate the TI OMAP 4 out performing the samsung exynos for those who care. LG Optimus 3D's OMAP 4 benchmarked, pulls ahead of Exynos and Tegra 2 -- Engadget

Why do people always post this ancient benchmark? The SGS2 drivers got optimized much better when it was released. The link below is MUCH better representation of the SGS2 Exynos SoC.

AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy S 2 (International) Review - The Best, Redefined

AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy S 2 (International) Review - The Best, Redefined

Upvote 0
Some guy posted that t comes with 2.3 out of the box

jie1.jpg

jie2.jpg

jie3.jpg

negative. I'm hoping it goes ota this coming month. It'll be embarrassing if the first ice cream device pops up and we are still stuck on froyo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones