• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Thrill Delayed AGAIN!!! "Sept 4"

This really puts them in danger of this being a hot seller for them, Samsung is officially announcing there US Galaxy S2 phones on August 29th and once a firm release date is set people may decide to wait for the phone. Not to mention Sept 4th is probably dangerous close to the release date for AT&T's Galaxy S2. Should have release this phone, locked them into contracts and laughed about it over dinner....o well LG lol

Upvote 0
Not gonna be this weekend I guess. I was just at Target and stopped by the electronics isle and asked the phone sales guy there about the Thrill and if it was going to be released Sunday. He said "no" and that he only has the dummy unit so far. No actual inventory. Makes me think that maybe they are having shipment issues and thus the holdup. :(

Upvote 0
Look what came in the mail in anticipation for tomorrows would of been release. I'm hoping the P990 will fit. Supposible they fit the P990 & 3D P920 which I'd the GX2 and Optimus 3D.

2011-08-19211045.jpg

Upvote 0
Should we all call our local AT&T stores again tomorrow when they open? :D

Highly doubt them having them, but since they haven't officially announced that it is going to be pushed to the 4th, it's worth a shot I guess. Maybe they will just be sick enough of hearing from me that they will just give me one early. LOL

Upvote 0
I'm beginning to think that these delays have to do with the new rumored release date of 8/28 for the GS2 on AT&T... Why not release the more anticipated/more expensive phone first? I feel like if that date I true, releasing the Thrill first would take buys away from the GS2. If anyone else feels like I do and doesn't want to pay $199-$249 on contract for a phone, a comparable phone can be had for $80 in the Thrill. From my point of view it makes more sense for them to release the GS2 first and see how many impatient people they can get to buy it. I think that's the reason for the delays. Release the cheaper phone after everyone has gone out and bought the GS2 already. Does that make sense to anyone else?

Upvote 0
I'm beginning to think that these delays have to do with the new rumored release date of 8/28 for the GS2 on AT&T... Why not release the more anticipated/more expensive phone first? I feel like if that date I true, releasing the Thrill first would take buys away from the GS2. If anyone else feels like I do and doesn't want to pay $199-$249 on contract for a phone, a comparable phone can be had for $80 in the Thrill. From my point of view it makes more sense for them to release the GS2 first and see how many impatient people they can get to buy it. I think that's the reason for the delays. Release the cheaper phone after everyone has gone out and bought the GS2 already. Does that make sense to anyone else?

Makes sense but samsung isn't getting my money this time. I'll wait for the 4.5 quad core sammy GS 3

Upvote 0
Not that I would read much into it, but when I was at Target again today, I stopped by the electronics section to do some more questioning. The lady there said that they just got their demo unit the other day, and she expects to see the product come in this weekend for sale (so Sunday or Monday). Not planning on holding my breath, but sure hoping she is right. I can't take any more delays. :(

Upvote 0
I have a friend that works at radioshack who said they got a phone call today (August 25) confirming that Sept 4 they will be selling the LG Thrill. I can imagine AT&T will be announcing it officially by next monday. As much as I want gingerbread I still can't imagine it having it since Lg announced gingerbread for the Optimus 3D will be coming out in October and normally other countries get it first before it comes to america. I can imagine a software update to fix battery life and just a initial shipment issue is what probably caused the delay.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones