• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Life after the update...

Has this happened to you?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes and it was fixed

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Yes and it wasn't fixed

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

danid0313

Lurker
May 25, 2011
I absolutely LOVE my Fascinate, it's like another arm. But after the recent software update (Android 2.2 Froyo), I'd rather lose an arm than have to deal with this mess. The phone is extremely slow. Texting is near impossible. The phone will freeze randomly even when i am not using it.
I have tried the usual tasks to make things move faster; such as cleaning out the cookies from my browser, deleting unnecessary texts, emails and photos; everything that i could think of. Nothing has helped so far.
Can anyone help me? :thinking:

The tips in the how to fix froyo thread in this same forum help fix my phone.

2nd this. if it's REALLY bad, you can use ODIN and flash back to 2.1 and start over again.

I didn't update my wifes fascinate. She's still on 2.1 and she's absolutely fine with it. I didn't update it cause of the battery drain with 2.2. She doesn't plug in or pay attention to the battery life as much as I do. She also doesn't use flash on her phone (which is the biggest reason for 2.2 IMO). She's perfectly content on 2.1 for now and she can get 2h 19m XXs out of a battery charge and still have about 15% left. I bet she could get 3 days if she let it go down further.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones