• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Light sensor overriding manual brightness control

Yankees368

Android Enthusiast
Jun 9, 2010
Hey everyone, really liking the charge so far. One problem right now: I am trying to keep the screen brightness way down to save battery life, but the phone does not seem to like that plan. Even with the automatic brightness option turned off, if I place a finger on the sensor, it ramps up the brightness on its own and then leaves it there.
Has anyone seen this before/know how to fix it? Thanks!

Hey everyone, really liking the charge so far. One problem right now: I am trying to keep the screen brightness way down to save battery life, but the phone does not seem to like that plan. Even with the automatic brightness option turned off, if I place a finger on the sensor, it ramps up the brightness on its own and then leaves it there.
Has anyone seen this before/know how to fix it? Thanks!

Not sure if this is the fix, but try turning off the "power save mode" in brightness settings. I have mine that way and it stays at the lower screen setting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones