• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
If you could post a link to what you found it would be helpful.

A 'rom' is a firmware image that you install on your phone that has been coded SPECIFICALLY for your device. Sometimes you do it with a PC, sometimes you use a custom recovery. It depends on the phone and the rom. Refresh my memory, what kind of phone is this?

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
The links luna posted work fine for me. Of course those are only official lineage builds. Some people also produce unofficial lineage builds for other devices not listed there. Are you still using the ZTE Fanfare 2 you mentioned in a post a few months ago? I don't know much about that device (it's not sold in my country), but it's generally harder to find ROMs for low-end phones because you need a knowledgeable enthusiast to build a ROM, and such people tend to go for more powerful devices.

Upvote 0
It's not available in your country? Thank your lucky stars, and I certainly don't blame the developers for not wasting their time. Yes, it's still a Fanfare 2, but I'm hoping. 'Tis the season, after all. I'm probably going to go with the Coolpad Canvas anyway. I don't want to reward them either, but I'm working with a very tight budget. I just hope I can get Lineage for it and save myself from the peril of Chinese spyware. I don't really want to buy something sight unseen anyway, and there's not much else I can do under the circumstances.

Upvote 0
I looked at the Lineage site and there's no specific listing for Coolpad, but XDA forums do have roms for other Coolpads, just not the canvas (at least that I could find.)

You have to be very specific with models because the hardware has to be matched to the firmware. It's quite possible that a lineage rom for your device doesn't exist, but there may be a developer out there who does have one. Searching for it might be a project all its own.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones