• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Listen: Easiest way to get Podcasts

dracos

Lurker
Dec 4, 2009
Google Listen is the best podcast programs available in the Android Market and to top it off its free.

Pros:
Listen subscriptions are easy to manage and new podcasts can be added easy by searching for them. To save in hitting bandwidth caps Listen will not download unless you tell it to if your on a non-wifi network. You can queue items in any order to listen to and rearrange them when you want from the My listen items selection. Even after a reboot Listen remembers where you left off in a podcast so its very easy to stop and come back. Integration with Google Reader allowing for quick addition of podcasts to Listen using the Listen Subscription Folder on Google Reader. Allowing you to mark podcasts as read if you happen to listen to them through your PC.

Cons:
I've had issues in the past were podcasts would restart over in the middle of a podcast. If you are like me and you switch roms a lot you have to redownload podcasts, unless you use a backup program like Titanium Backup that restores data allowing you to pick up where you left off before your phone wipe.

I would recommend Google Listen over any of the other podcasting programs and Google Labs is constantly working on adding new features.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones