• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Live Wallpaper not working with new update

ShadowX5452

Lurker
Sep 19, 2020
Hi everybody,
I think I'm in the right place.
I've been using the same live wallpaper for the last 11 years, so it became part of me basically, but with the latest update on my Note10+, it won't work anymore.
The last update "Twisted Colors" had was back in 2013 and I don't think the developer is ever going to update it.
I was thinking, being a complete beginner (but willing to learn especially if I have a goal in mind) if it is possible to open the app, edit it and save it so that it can work in an updated environment.
Even though it was made in 2013, it has worked just fine with Android 10, so I guess the problem lies in the new One UI 2.5 (which is basically the only real improvement in this update).
Is it possible to do?
I noticed that no similar live wallpaper are working, they all give the "keeps stopping" message. It is a live wallpaper with the touch input. When you touch the display, a "spiral" of colors appear where you touched, otherwise it appears in the middle of the screen. I've downloaded another wallpaper with the touch input, and it doesn't work as well.
If I'm in the wrong section, I'm sorry and please redirect me to a better suited section for the question.
Thanks a lot!

Google "how to reverse engineer an android app". I just tried the other day for an app I made that is about to be , and I got it to source code, but it's basically impossible to restore it to the original format. You may be able to do what you need to without having it in it's original format though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones