• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

location based games in 2014

Rev55

Lurker
Feb 5, 2014
Hi first post from a new droid fan. I just got a droid mini and it came with Ingress, I'm hooked. So I have been searching for other location based AR games. All my research brings me back to post from early 2013 or older. Am I late to the game are these games just novelties or are they going to be as huge and popular as I hope. I would love any new info on spy like games, I hear coderunner for iPhone may be coming and it looks great.

Ingress! It's still being played and hugely popular.

You are right from everything ive seen it is still huge however I live in a small town and it is apparently me and 2 or 3 others playing. I just wish it had more single player quality instead of the 2 teams feel. I have heard rumor of missions coming to ingress and im sure that will be just what i need to make it the perfect mobile game.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones