• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock screen changed to swipe despite setting as fingerprint

Hi

Go to
menu
settings
security
scroll right to the bottom (thats where it is on a note 4 with lollipop)

If you have a trusted device or place in the relevant list, smart lock may disable your lock screen (back to just swipe). On body detection is turn offable.

It probably is what is causing the behaviour. I find it to be not 100% reliable and does take a while to recognise location - especially if you tend to keep data/wireless off all the time.

Upvote 0
Hi

Go to
menu
settings
security
scroll right to the bottom (thats where it is on a note 4 with lollipop)

If you have a trusted device or place in the relevant list, smart lock may disable your lock screen (back to just swipe). On body detection is turn offable.

It probably is what is causing the behaviour. I find it to be not 100% reliable and does take a while to recognise location - especially if you tend to keep data/wireless off all the time.

Hi Girolez

I'm not sure what you mean trusted device/relevant list, unfortunately i cant find smart lock setting using your instructions. I also did a search in the settings and still cant find it.

When i scroll to the bottom of security what should i see?

Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
Screenshot_2016-03-02-18-57-09.png
Hi

It's at the bottom of security settings on my phone. What device/android version are you using?

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones