• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lock screen with slide AND pattern?

Beni1295

Lurker
Jun 30, 2012
So I just updated my RAZR to ICS. I really like the new circle-y unlock screen thing called the "slide" unlock screen. However, I notice that there isn't any security to this type of lock screen. When I set the pattern lock, though, there isn't a sliding feature. When I hit the power button it goes straight to the pattern. Is there anyway to have the slide unlock screen WITH some sort of security when you try and unlock? Just like the RAZR had on gingerbread. Slide first then enter pattern.

Personally, I like the feature. However, I searched and didn't find other threads that talked about the loss of this feature, so maybe I was using the wrong search terms?
hmmmm.gif

I have mine set to Pattern Lock, and timeout is 20 minutes. If you press the power button (if you have it enabled) to immediately lock it, it will present the pattern lock screen to unlock it. If you leave it idle and it automatically locks, if it's under the timeout interval, it will show the 'slide' unlock page.

Again, I like the feature. If I'm using it while in meetings and keep checking it, I don't have to do the whole pattern lock thing. But if I leave it idle for more than 20 minutes, or leave it unattended, now the level of security is increased to the pattern lock so no one can just gain access to it. Again, a nice feature.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones