• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lockdown: Password Protect Apps (does this exist for Android)?

Jailbreak App - Lockdown Allows you to Password Protect your iPhone Apps - iPhone Hacks

So I have an iPod Touch and I jailbroke it and in Cydia, there was this app called "Lockdown". It basically locks any app of your choosing and it uses a universal password (other than the one to unlock your phone) in order to lock apps such as email, sms, and maybe even apps that deal with personal information. Does anyone know if this exists for Android? If not, someone should make something similar to it! I would definitely pay to have this app. Sometimes, people want to use the internet to look something up but sometimes it's hard for me to have peace of mind because they have access to my personal things as well.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones