• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a 16GB/32GB budget phone ($120)

I use metro pcs and am looking at two models right now.

LG Aristo 2 $60

Zte Zmax Pro $80

My phone is only 8GB and the memory just isn't cutting it. I use my phone more than my laptop just because its convenient and faster. I need a phone that is fast, good with streaming video, and is either a 16 or 32 GB model. Camera quality is not a big issue but having a good one would be nice, not a deal breaker.

Anyone can give me any recommendations? Thanks!

The Moto E4 carrier un-locked model is around $120 with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage.
The CPU is rather modest, quad core 1.3GHz Cortex A53, but as a trivia note, it's not vulnerable to Spectre/Meltdown
https://developer.arm.com/support/security-update
and the cameras (8MP back, 5MP front) are OK but not notable. The display is also just average an IPS LCD, 1280x720 so when it comes to really high res content there's no advantage.
But as far as some plus points -- there's a fingerprint reader (lower front); dual SIM slots with internal radios supporting both GSM and CDMA based networks; it supports both external and internal (adoptable) for a microSD card; it uses the older (but arguably more compatible at this point) microUSB and includes OTG support; it has a user removable battery, and defying the current trend it has a headphone jack.
So there's some drawbacks but unique (for a budget model) features. There are cheaper E4's that only have one SIM slot (those are the carrier branded models) if you're planning on staying with MetroPCS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones