• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a calendar/todo manager

Aldarion

Lurker
Sep 2, 2013
Hi All,

I'm looking for a calendar + task managing app, specifically one that has the following features:

1. Creating multiple to-do checklists, which can then be displayed on the home screen as simple 1x1 widgets.
  2. Creating repeatable events, including biweekly repetition.
  3. Integration with Google Calendar, displaying different views (weekly/daily agenda, whole month, upcoming events etc.)

I've tried several apps, but none of them has all of the features I need:

• ColorNote is what I'm currently using for to-do lists, and it really is brilliant in that aspect; the 1x1 widgets for each list are just what I need. However, it has only a rudimentary calendar display.
  • S Planner, on the other hand, is a magnificent calendar app, but the task lists are a bit wonky, and there are no widgets at all (I'm using Nova, so even the big widget is unavailable).
  • Jorte was very interesting (and frighteningly customizable), but it permits only three (!!) different categories for tasks and has no biweekly events.

Of course, I could compromise and use S Planner in conjunction with ColorNote, but... surely there is something that would fit?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones