• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a durable phone

ThinBlue

Lurker
Mar 31, 2019
Hey, I've been tasked with picking a durable and 'rugged' phone for a relative. Budget is 320 USD, we're looking at European market.

So far I've looked over Doogee S55 and S60 and Blackview BV9000 pro.

Can't decide which of those three, or something completely different?

I think not having a USB-C is not cool these days, which is my primary concern with the S60.

Apparently, a 3.5mm Jack is mandatory (no matter how much I try to explain the opposite to the buyer)

All help is appreciated. 😉

Hey, I've been tasked with picking a durable and 'rugged' phone for a relative. Budget is 320 USD, we're looking at European market.

So far I've looked over Doogee S55 and S60 and Blackview BV9000 pro.

Can't decide which of those three, or something completely different?

I think not having a USB-C is not cool these days, which is my primary concern with the S60.

Apparently, a 3.5mm Jack is mandatory (no matter how much I try to explain the opposite to the buyer)

All help is appreciated. 😉

Hi...

I have recently got myself a NOWA5PRO , duplicating masses of specs of the NOVA5PRO. 8GB RAM 128GB INTERNAL UPGRADEABLE TO 255GB add another 128tf card , and separate 2 SIM slots. 10-core processor, 13mp / 18mp front/rear cams.

Only problems ihad was resetting to factory by wiping cache and data. As long as you safeguard against , possibly geabibf it's drivers and backup. Or don't do a reset as I did.

Only cost around 50gb' pounds. I have 2 now and very nice though still to fix 1st I bought from China. .really inexpensive but not much support for this unbranded - Huawei NOVA5PRO almost duplicated.

Wish.com or eBay. Search; NOVA 5 PRO''

Sunlich

Sunlich 👽

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones