• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a monthly calendar widget

alpha2k

Android Expert
Nov 19, 2009
Well I'm not sure but I think I may have solved my issues. I've been up now for 62hrs and 23 mins without a lockup our reboot. I stumbled on an issue I think go launcher has with useing a custom background for the wallpaper. I had noticed a slight lag when I used a pic from the galley of my daughter. So I tested my theory and took off the background and used a simple grey background. The lockups and reboots for the last couple of days seem to have lessoned or are gone, maybe its just coincidence, not sure.

I was reading on market that people were having issues with go launcher similar to mine, lockups and such.

So I'm doing some testing and have uninstalled go launcher and an currently using adw. So far I am impressed with the speed difference and how snappy things are so far.

That leads me to my question. I was using go calendar widget which is a monthly widget and syncs with the google calendar events. I can't use it now without having go launcher installed so does anyone have any suggestions on a similar widget? free preferred.

This is the full screen widget

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346996010980.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346996010980.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0
I, too, have gotten rid of Go Launcher and was really missing the calendar widget. Today I found "Android Pro Widgets" and the calendar widget is the exact same thing as the Go calendar widget. You can't flick thru the month pages like the other but it's the same exact thing otherwise. You can buy the unlocker to be able to use other themes but the free version works great!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones