• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for launcher.

Hi,

I am looking for a simple fast launcher. I am almost happy with Launcher 3 (the AOSP launcher) but want one feature: Be able to use icon packs. I have looked at many launcher but they all have lots of features I do not want like custom search, fancy built in widgets or other connected "services" that calls home. I just want simplicity with icon pack support. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks. It doesn't have things like "Nova Search" and "Recommended Apps" etc? :) If it can be turned off it's okay, but if not I do not like it.

Nova Launcher Prime does not have this bilge as found in some other products.

I am of the opinion that Nova Launcher Prime is one of the apps that "saved Android". The only way you are going to know if it is to your liking is to install it and try it.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Thank you for the suggestion. My solution was closer than I thought. I have used Holo Launcher a lot in the past and it was my favorite. Turns out the developer now has a launcher out called Lollipop Launcher. It's basically Google Now/Launcher 3 with a couple of extra features like icon pack support and gestures. Exactly what I was looking for. It's also incredibly fast. I am keeping Nova also to see which one ends up being the chosen one, but Lollipop Launcher has the edge right now.

Upvote 0
novas decent,course i prefer go launcher moreso.buy the prime lock for a few bucks if its your cup of tea to get rid of ads and such.its always getting updates and working on performance.im pretty sure it also allws you to change the icons/icon packs and such.i use it as my base launcher for my custom backup for the htc one sv and people love how i have it set up,course i added some extra performance flashes and such but still works flawless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones