• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for new phone on Verizon

ibanez173

Mar 1, 2011
I'm finally getting too tired of my Eris being crappy and slow as hell and I'm looking for a new phone. The main thing I'm looking for is something faster than the Eris so I don't have to deal with all the keyboard lag, slow opening apps and text threads, lousy touch response and the slow text receiving. I would like a physical keyboard, but I hated the droid's keyboard and havent seen the droid2's. A big bright screen would be nice as well as a good camera, but those aren't as important.

Basically i'm considering the droid 2, droid x, Incredible or the Fascinate, but i'm not really sure what to get. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated

Basically i'm considering the droid 2, droid x, Incredible or the Fascinate, but i'm not really sure what to get. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated[/QUOTE]

I love my overclocked rooted Ally, but if you don't want the red-headed step-child of Droid phones I would wait for the HTC Thunderbolt.
It's Droids (superior) version of the iPhone. It will have a front facing camera and a Snapdragon (fast) processor.

I've played with the Incredible and the Droid X, both are quick but the (stock) Fascinate couldn't beat my Ally on Quadrant scores. Is it really worth that much money if it can't outperform a $30 Ally?!

If you insist on spending big money for a new phone I'd suggest waiting until the BEST option is available. ie Thunderbolt. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones