• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking to upgrade SD card...class 4 or 10?

cougnole

Lurker
Apr 14, 2011
no it is not worth it. you get more than twice the speed so your pictures load in like .01 seconds instead of .02 seconds. in reality the operating system and other factors holds you back more than the sd card would.

its 4 megabytes per seconds versus 10 megabytes per second. either way the difference isnt really noticeable on a phone.

if however, the android system and ALL apps were stored on it, then you might notice a difference. unfortunately were stuck with the stock 8gb of storage

Upvote 0
Depends on the speed of your usb adapter. All my flash drives read about the same, about ~16-18 mbps. I believe the 16gb class 10 I just bought was also 18, which concerns me. I will recheck that tonight tho. BTW, my speeds are via HD Tach.

I'll have to check with my usb 3.0 adapter (when I get home) or work pc w/ usb 3.0 to see if that makes a difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones