• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lost Call audio again today...related to "Voice privacy" setting?

hyperlite

Sep 8, 2010
Last week, shortly after installing 2.2 and doing a factory reset, i lost call audio. No speaker phone or earpiece in calls, but system sounds still worked. I had to do another factory reset to fix it. Yesterday i performed another factory reset using the "complete wipe" method thats been floating around. About an hour ago i tried to make a call, and again had no call audio, earpiece or speakerphone, but system sounds were working fine. This has GOT to be a software bug of some sort, and i believe it to be related to the "voice privacy" setting under the call settings. I have yet to experience this call audio bug with that setting unchecked...i realized after my issue today that i had forgotten to uncheck it after my reset yesterday.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? i thought i had seen some threads about it, but haven't been able to find anything :thinking:

i stumbled on this thread after a similar thing happened to me today..

(this is the first time this has happened to me btw)
i received a call and answered it. but upon doing so, i heard NOTHING come from the earpiece or the speaker when i switched to it. once i did a soft reset by powering down, then turinging the phone back on, the issue went away.

i'm baffled as to why this happened.. hopefully it's just a software issue and not a hardware issue with my phone :-/

if anybody has any thoughts/insight as to why this would occur, please speak up!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones