• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lost contacts after update

downeaststudio

Nov 24, 2010
I recently updated my wifes Hero to the Android 2.2 build. I thought I had updated her contacts via the HTC Sync program on her laptop, but to my horror the sync didn't save her contacts. Thankfully I was able to restore them through the Lookout service we're subscribed too. However when we click oon the "People" widget on her homescreen the contacts don't show up. When we start to dial a number though her contacts do show up there. Can anyone tell us how to import the contacts into her people widget? When I select the import feature it tells me that there are no vcf files on her sd card....
I'm new to the Andriod platform and have no programming experience whatsoever, so I really don't know where to start to fix this issue.
Thanks in advance.

Your contacts should restore in due time through Google

I recently updated my wifes Hero to the Android 2.2 build. I thought I had updated her contacts via the HTC Sync program on her laptop, but to my horror the sync didn't save her contacts. Thankfully I was able to restore them through the Lookout service we're subscribed too. However when we click oon the "People" widget on her homescreen the contacts don't show up. When we start to dial a number though her contacts do show up there. Can anyone tell us how to import the contacts into her people widget? When I select the import feature it tells me that there are no vcf files on her sd card....
I'm new to the Andriod platform and have no programming experience whatsoever, so I really don't know where to start to fix this issue.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: downeaststudio
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones