• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Movinon

Lurker
Jun 5, 2010
I got the Evo the day the Sprint store had them in Oklahoma City. I was surprised at all the problems on the Forum. My copy doesn't have a light leak and works fine. I got the OTA froyo update and no problems. My battery wasn't all that bad, but I don't play vids a lot. I found out the wife wanted to go to Vegas for a family reunion so I did buy the cheap china batteries that were supposed to be 1800mah with the charger.
Vegas, 4g, oh yes it is fast. The hotel wanted to charge 12 a day for internet n I said NO. So i look on the forums, with the EVO, thanks everyone, and downloaded easy tether lite off the market. I had internet on the laptop via the EVO n 4G in about 5 minutes. I have cable internet at home and i could not tell the difference over the EVO. I had full scale signal for the towers in my room at Harrahs. Now in Vegas i was glad I had a spare battery. I tried sprint tv and various vids people had posted on FaceBook. Went straight to YOUTUBE and vids all played without a hitch. I was surprised the new batteries played about 8 hours before a change was needed even playing a lot of vids. I used the BLUE ARROW nav that came on the phone. Great directions never missed. Great 4G signal everywhere I was in Vegas, mostly the strip. Now I want 4G in Oklahoma! just my 2 cents!

Reactions: BenChase7

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones