• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LTE won't turn on - how do I diagnose the problem?

thecarlsoncrew

Sep 29, 2010
I've been using CM 10.1.3 for some time without any problems. Over the past few days I've noticed that the LTE connection hasn't been active at all, and I can't get it to turn on manually. 3G still works. How do I troubleshoot to determine if the problem is hardware or software?

Thanks in advance!

Flash a ROM with known-good LTE. If it comes back, it's a software problem. If not, hook the motherboard up to the diagnostic machine (no, of course you can't do this at home) and see where the problem is. (It could still be firmware.)

Well, my CM10 ROM was working perfectly up until recently, so I would consider it "known-good." I was hoping to find some sort of diagnostic app or process that would help me determine what changed and/or why it isn't working correctly now. I just don't know what that app/process would be. Flashing a new ROM seems a bit extreme, but I guess I can do that. If nothing else, I should have a nandroid backup somewhere on my SD card from when it was working correctly (if no other less destructive suggestion comes up)...

Upvote 0
Okay, mystery solved! My network (System Settings / Wireless and Networks / Mobile Networks / Network Mode) was set to "Global" and needed to be changed to "LTE/CDMA/EvDo" mode. Once I changed that setting, the LTE immediately came on and appears to be working perfectly again. Not sure what changed it in the first place, but it appears that was the resolution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones